Tuesday

The White Mountains


Who are you like? Well, I'm like Will in 'The White Mountains" by John Christopher. You might not know this book... so what I decided to do is tell you the summary of this book before I start. Here is the summary.

Long ago, the Tripods-huge, three-legged machines- descended upon Earth and took control. Now people unquestioningly accept the Tripods' power. They have no control over their thoughts or their lives. But for a brief time in each person's life - in childhood - he is not a slave. For Will, his time of freedom is about to end - unless he can escape to the White Mountains, where is possibility of freedom still exists.

I think that I am like Will in a few different ways. The first way is that he was determined to take the watch and show it to his cousin Jack. I am like Will because I am always determined to finish what I have started. In the last track meet, ISAKL we were racing a 1500 and half way there, I felt really tired and I couldn't run anymore. I felt really tired and couldn’t stand anymore but instead of not finishing the racing I ran and finished the race as fast as I could. I did not care about losing but I finished it for my team. My team did not come last or first but they all tried their best and that is all that mattered and that we all had fun!

My last connection to Will is that he had stared to become a little curious in the book and that has happened to me. When I lived in Alexandria, Egypt I was curious about what was behind a door in my loft. As I thought about it more, the more I wanted to see what was on the other side of the door. I had to see what was on the other side so at night after I got out of my bed with a flash light and climbed up the stairs into the loft. It was dark so I had to rely on my flash light. When I reached the door I opened it tying not to make a sound but in doing so my dad woke up and made me go back to bed.

URL: http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0689856725.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment